Pharmacy Practice & DIC
Dr. Priyanka N
Department of Pharmacy Practice.
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- • Pharm. D(2010-2016) S.J.M College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru : 74.9%
- Assistant Professor (May 2017 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
Research Experience : 01 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Clinical Research
A. A. During Pharm. D
Title:“Evaluation of Dietary Pattern and Impact of Pharmacist Intervention to Manage Blood Glucose Level in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients”
Number of Publications: 03
1. Priyanka N* , Yogananda R , Prashanth G , Bharathi DR. Assessment of Dietary Pattern in Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients: A Healthy Eating Index Scoring. IJPRHS.Volume 4 (3), 2016, Page-1229-1232.
2. Priyanka N* , Yogananda R , Prashanth G , Bharathi DR,CharitaK.To assess an impact of pharmacist intervention to manage blood glucose level in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.IJOPILS. Volume 4.
3. Charita K*, Yogananda R, PrashanthG,Bharathi DR, Priyanka N.Study of prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in type two diabetes mellitus patients: a case control study. IJOPILS. Volume 4.
Number of Presentations: 04
- Participated in the event of Dengue awareness programme – street drama conducted by institution.
- Participated in cultural programme conducted by SJM vidyapeeta during Sharanasamskruthiutsava.
- Participated in awareness programme during anti-diabetic, pharmacist day…
- Participated in tuberculosis, dengue awareness programmes in many government schools and villages surrounding Chitradurga conducted by institution.
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture – Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training are emphasized during practical training.
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Regular Class test were conducted
1. Priyanka.N*, Charita.K, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. Drug Utilization Evaluation Of Anti Diabetics In Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients. Presented At 1st Annual Convention Of KAAPTICON Held At Vijaypur During 28th-29th March 2015.
2. Charita.K,Priyanka.N, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. Risk Factors Of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus In Outpatients : An Observational Study. Presented At 1st Annual Convention Of KAAPTICON Held At Vijaypur During 28th-29th March 2015.
3. Priyanka.N*, Charita.K, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G.To assess an impact of pharmacist intervention to manage blood glucose level in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. Presented at the 67th Indian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21thdecember 2015.
4. Charita.K, Priyanka.N, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. Study of prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients: A case control study. Presented at the 67th Indian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21thdecember 2015.
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 11
1. Attended a national level seminar on Recent Trends in Pharmacy Education organized by S.J.M College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga on Nov-2010.
2. Attended Personality Development Workshop by Dr. JagannathRao on Success Secrets on Dec-2011.
3. Attended 5th student congress by IPA student forum in Ootacamandu, April 2013.
4. Attended 49th Annual Conference of The Indian Hospital Pharmacists Association on Pharmacy Practice in INDIA: Challenges and Road ahead. GITAM University, Visakhapatnam. 28th Feb- 1st March 2013.
5. Attended 65th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress on Pharma vision 2020-Empowering Pharmacist, AMITY Universityand New Delhi. 20-22nd Dec 2013.
6. Attended 19th Annual National Convention of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India on Emerging Trends In Pharmacy Profession And Education, Pune. 28-30th Nov 2014.
7. Attended world congress of Gerantology and geriatrics, 3rd international conference on Healthy aging in the changing world, Bengaluru, 2014 by KMC.
8. Attended IACP- Pharmacy Practice Module at Al Shifa, Perithalmanna, Kerala-2014.
9. Attended 66th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress on India-Pharmacy of the world, Role of Indian regulators and pharmaindustry,Hitex, Hyderabad. 23-25th Jan 2015.
10. Attended 1st Annual convention of Association of pharmaceutical teachers of India at Vijaypur, Karnataka 2015.
11. Attended67thIndian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21st december 2015.
a) Teaching methods
b) Evaluation methods