Department of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar
Department of Pharmacy Practice
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- Pharm D (2008-2014) : 68.14%
SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Bengaluru
Assistant Professor (August 2015 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
Pharm D : 01 Years
Research Experience : 04 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Clinical research
A. Research Work during Pharm D
Adverse drug reactions to Anti-Retroviral Therapy in People Living with HIV/AIDS in a Chitradurga District ART Centre in India: A Cross sectional Observational study
Number of Publications : 06 Publications
1. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Bhimaray Krishnagoudar, Mahadevamma Lingaya, et al., Stevens - Johnson Syndrome due to Phenytoin: A Case Report. World Journal of Pharmaceutical research. 2012; 1:1165-1169.
2. Mudigubba Manoj kumar, Gowthami.B, Bharathi D R et al., Co-Morbidity in Bipolar Affective Disorder: A Case Report. Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics 2013; 3(3):141-142.
3. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Sowmya B, Yogananda R et al., Evaluation of performance of drug Information center providing quality of information services to healthcare professionals in a tertiary care teaching hospital of south India. Innovations in Pharmaceuticals and Pharmacotherapy 2013;
4. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Yogendra M, Yogananda R et al., Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis induced by Phenytoin: A Case Study. Indian Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2014; 7(2), 37-39.
5. KasiJagadeesh.M, Mohamed Murtuza Kauser, Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, , et al., Spironolactone/digoxin induced gynecomastia (A comparative case study). World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2014; 3(6):1014-1018.
6. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Yogananda R, Aman Pathan et al., Adverse drug reactions to anti retroviral therapy: A cross sectional observational study. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2015; 2(3): 1259-71
Number of Presentations : 02
1. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Sowmya B, Karthik M, Dinesh R, Pathan Amanullakhan. â€œAssessment and Evaluation of Drug information services provided by the clinical pharmacist in a tertiary care hospitalâ€. National Conference â€œIndian Pharmaceutical Association Students Congress-5â€. JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund April-27, 2013.
2. Mudigubba Manoj Kumar, Pathan Amanullakhan, Sowmya M, Yogananda R. â€œAdverse Drug Reactions To Anti-Retroviral Therapy In People Living With HIV/AIDS In A Chitradurga District ART Centre In India: A Cross Sectional Observational Studyâ€. â€œInaugural convention of Indian Association of Colleges of Pharmacyâ€. Bangalore February 21-22, 2014
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 12
1. One day workshop on â€œResearch Methodology Workshopâ€ 25 August 2016, organized by Basaveshwara Medical College & Hospital, Chitradurga.
2. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
3. Participated as delegate in â€œTraining and Workshop on Bioethicsâ€ SACCP, BG Nagara on 1st December 2015.
4. One day National Workshop on â€œAvoiding the Risks of Plagiarism & Copyright in Scientific Writing of Research Publicationâ€ Organized by School of Computer Science Department of Lingaya's University, December 10th 2014.
5. Inaugural convention of Indian Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Bangalore February 21-22, 2014
6. Indian Pharmaceutical Association Students Congress-5, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund (Ooty) April-26-27,2013
7. Annual conference of the Indian hospital pharmacists association on â€œPharmacy Practice in INDIA: Challenges and Road aheadâ€, Gitam University, Visakhapatnam.
8. 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress on â€œPharmacy Education: Innovation, Strategies and Globalizationâ€ held at S R M University, Chennai Dec-2012.
9. International conference on â€œPharmacoeconomics and Good Pharmacy Practiceâ€ organized by RIPER, Anantapur, A.P in Oct-2012.
10. 7th Asian Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology, Bangalore, India October 26-28, 2012
11. Personality Development Workshop by Dr. Jagannath Rao on â€œSuccess Secretsâ€ on dec-2011.
12. National level seminar on â€œRecent Trends in Pharmacy Educationâ€ organized by S.J.M College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga on Nov-2010.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculumParticipated in Pharm D course curriculum workshop entitled â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ to define syllabus more appropriately, organized at SJM College of Pharmacy in Co-Ordination with RGUHS on 9th February 2016.
b) Teaching methods
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Bed side teaching
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
c) Evaluation methods
- Conducting case presentation on selected cases
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
- Chapter wise hand outs and notes was prepared and supplied to students at the end of each chapter.
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
- 1. Community work such as values of National Integration, secularism, democracy, socialism, Humanism, peace, scientific temper, floor of Drought relief, family planning, Public Health AIDS, etc.
- â€¢ Organized and Participated in health awareness programmes of Dengue, Tuberculosis, AIDs, Diabetes Mellitus.
- â€¢ Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity
- 1. Organised and participated in a guest lecture â€œ Pharmacoeconomicsâ€ 17th August, 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- 2. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
- 3. Editorial Board Member, Clinical Pharmacy News Letter, SJM College of Pharmacy.
- â€¢ Co-curricular activities
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
Extension work /community service:
Co-ordinator for saturday student activities