Department of Pharmacy Practice
Professor & H O D,
Dept. Of Pharmacy Practice,
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
Date of Birth : 21-06-1967
Residential Address : S/o P.Rajasekharachar,
3rd A Cross, JCR Extension
Telephone Number : 9449250705 , 9663175177.
- Ph.D. Sep 2014. Dept. of Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar. Guntur, AP.
- M.Phil. (2006-2008) Dept. of Biotechnology : Grade A
Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar.
- M. Pharm (1997-1999), Industrial Pharmacy, : 72.6
J S S College of Pharmacy, Mysore.
- B. Pharm (1988-1993) : 62.03
National College of Pharmacy, Shimoga.
- D. Pharm (1986-1988)
SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga : 58.09
- Lecturer (1993-2005)
- Lecturer (1993 to 1995) at Dr. HLT College of Pharmacy, Channapattana, Ramanagar Dist.
- Lecturer (1995 to 1997) at MMU College of Pharmacy, Ramanagar.
- Lecturer (1999 to 2004) at Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
- Lecturer (2004 to 2005) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Sr. Lecturer (2005 to 2008) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Assistant Professor (2008 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Professor and Head Oct 2013 till date at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
- Teaching Experience
- D.Pharm : 4 Years
- B Pharm : 17 Years
- Pharm D : 8 Years
- M.Pharm : 6 Years
Research Experience :
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- New Drug Delivery System.
- Muco adhesive Drug Delivery System,
- Micro encapsulation Technology.
- Buccal drug delivery system.
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Physical Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical technology.
- Therapeutic Drug monitoring.
- Clinical Trials.
A. Research Work during Doctoral Studies
â€œFactorial and formulation studies on enhancement of solubility, dissolution rate and bioavailability of bcs class ii antiretroviral drugs employing cyclodextrins and solutol HS15â€.
B. Research Work during MPhil.
â€œA Comparative Evaluation of Various Polymers for Controlled Release of Diclofenac and Design of Diclofenac SR Tabletsâ€
C. Research Work during Masters
â€œBioequivalence and Pharmacokinetic studies of Pefloxacin Tablets in Healthy male human volunteersâ€
D. Funded Project:
Rs. 30 Lakhs project under VGST (Vison Group on Science and Technology, Govt. of Karnataka) in the year 2013-14. Entitled â€œFactorial and formulation studies on enhancement of solubility, dissolution rate and bioavailability of bcs class ii antiretroviral drugs employing cyclodextrins and solutol HS15â€.
- Formulation and evaluation of buccal tablets of glimepiride.
- Formulation and evaluation of lornoxicam mucoadhesive buccal patches.
- Comparative Evaluation of Various Polymers for the Controlled Release of Losartan Potassium and Design of Losartan Potassium of SR Tabletsâ€.
- Formulation characterization and evaluation of Nanoparticles containing Anti-Retroviral drug.
- Formulation and evaluation of Mucoadhesive buccal patches of selective Anti- Hypertensive drug.
- Adverse drug reactions to Anti-Retroviral Therapy in People Living with HIV/AIDS in a Chitradurga District ART Centre in India: A Cross sectional Observational study.
- A study assessing compliance with medication diet,exercise and foot care in type 2 diabetes patients.
- Assessing Benefits of prescribing Antibiotics in Respiratory Tract Infection by analysing Antibiotic prescribing Guidelines.
- Anti-Tubercular drug induced Adverse drug reactions and their control scheme study in district TB centre in Chitradurga.
- Study of Drug utilization in Diabetic patients in tertiary care teaching hospital in India: A Prospective observational study.
- Identification of prescription pattern , cost of illness and pattern of potentially inappropriate medication in hospitalised elderly patients admitted to tertiary care hospital.
- Cost of illness and impact of medication adherence and life style modifications on blood glucose level management in type 2 Diabetes mellitus : A Prospective questionnaire study.
- Study of drug utilization of Antimicrobial drugs in general medicine ward of a teaching hospital.
- Life member APTI.
- Life member IPA.
- Life member ABAP.
- 1. Yogananda R. Chowdary KPR and Sambasiva Rao KRS. Enhancement of solubility, dissolution rate and Bioavailability of ritonavir by cyclodextrins and Solutol HS15 - a factorial study.International journal of research in pharmacy and chemistry (2013); 3(2),235-239.
- 2. Yogananda R and Chowdary KPR Enhancement of Solubility, Dissolutionrate and Bioavailability of Efavirenz by Cyclodextrins and Solutol HS15 - A Factorial Study. International Journal of Drug Development & Research (2013): 5( 1) |,135-142.
- 3. Yogananda R and Chowdary KPR. Formulation development of Ritonavir tablets employing Î²-Cyclodextrin and hydroxy propyl Î²-Cyclodextrin and Solutol HS15. Am. J. PharmTech Res.( 2013); 3(2),709-718.
- 4. Yogananda R and Chowdary KPR. Formulation development of Efavirenz tablets employing Î²-Cyclodextrin and hydroxy propyl Î²-Cyclodextrin and Solutol HS15. World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.(2013): 2( 2), 618-628.
- 5. Sanket Sharma, . Yogananda R and Bharathi DR. Development Of Controlled Release Mucoadhesive Buccal Patches Containing Timolol Maleate Using Natural & Synthetic Polymers. international Journal of PharmTech Research.(2013):.5(.2) 767-772.
- 6. Shivashankara VS,. Yogananda R and . Bharathi DR. Formulation, Characterization and Evaluation of Nanoparticles Containing Anti-Retroviral Drug. International journal of drug discovery and herbal research (2013):3(1):,335-340.
- Participated in Pharm D course curriculum workshop entitled â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ to define syllabus more appropriately, organized at SJM College of Pharmacy in Co-Ordination with RGUHS on 9th February 2016.
- Team leader in question bank framing and curriculum restructuring at RGUHS on July, 2016.
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
- Lab Manual was Prepared and supplied to students.
- Chapter wise hand outs and notes was prepared and supplied to students at the end of each chapter.
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
- Life Member Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI).
- Member Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
- Life member of IPA.
- Life member association of biotechnology and pharmacy.
- Community work such as values of National Integration, secularism, democracy, socialism, Humanism, peace, scientific temper, floor of Drought relief, family planning, Public Health AIDS, etc.
- Organized and Participated in health awareness programmes of Dengue, Tuberculosis.
- Organized and Participated in blood donation camp
- Organized and participated in public health awareness programmes.
- Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity 1. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
- Co-curricular activities
Co-ordinator for â€œInteractorsâ€â€¢ Enrichment of Campus Life Member of institutional sports and cultural committee.
Number of Publications : 31
1. Stimson Jose, Yogananda R, Basavanthappa SP, Bharathi DR. Evaluation of antibiotic usage on lower respiratory tract infections in paediatric department- an observational study, Int J Contemp Pediatr. 2016 Feb;3(1):146-149.
2. Priyanka.N, Yogananda R, Prashanth G, Bharathi DR, Charitha K. To assess an Impact of Pharmacist intervention to manage blood glucose level in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, IJOPILS. 2016; 4(8):18-24.
3. Akhil J. Issac, Yogananda R, Mohamed Shehin T. Assessment of prescription pattern and monitoring adverse drug reaction of antibiotics in paediatric inpatients. Int J Contemp Pediatr. 2016 ;3(3):1071-1075.
4. Mohamed Shehin T, Santhosh SV, Yogananda R, Bharathi DR, Akhil J Issac. Prescription pattern of Antidepressants and assessment of weight gain while using antidepressants, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2016;6(6):5811-5815
1. Devesh Kumar Joshi, R. Yogananda , Anand B. Geni , Sreeharsha.A study on anti-tubercular drug-induced adverse reactions in South Indian district tuberculosis center, Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol, 2015: 4(6):1267-70.
2. Remya Rema, Yogananda.R, G. Sravanthi, B.Lakshmi Rekha.Assessing Benefits And Risks Of Prescribing Antibiotics In Respiratory Tract Infections By Analyzing Antibiotic Prescribing Guidelines, IAJPR. 2015; 5(5): 2093-2097 [Impact Factor:0.437]
3. Sridharamurthy.NB, Yogananda R, Pruthvi BP,To evaluate the Anti-Inflammatory activity of the methanol extract of the leaves of abutilon hirtum, World Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences,2015, 4(02) , 382-396. [Impact Factor:6.014]
4. Dr. Yogananda Rajashekharachar, Dr. Manoj Kumar Mudigubba*, Dr. Pathan Amanulla Khan, Dr. NagendraGowda MR, Dr. Bharathi Doddlu Raghunathnaidu and Sowmya M.Adverse drug reactions to Anti-Retroviral therapy: a cross sectional observational study, ejbps, 2015, 2(3), 1259-1271. [Impact Factor:3.881]
1. Yogananda .R, Bulugondla Rakesh, Nagaraja TS, Snehalatha, and Lakshmi Radhika G. Formulation and evaluation of mucoadhesive buccal patches of tramadol hydrochloride. American Journal of PharmTech Research (20112):2(2), 371-379.
2. Yogananda .R and Bulugondla Rakesh. An overview on mucoadhesive buccal patches. International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences (2012): 2(2),348-373.
3. Sanket Sharma and Yogananda R Buccal Patches: Boon To Oral Drug Delivery System. Am. J. PharmTech Res. (2012), 2(6),1-20.
4. Shivashankara VS, Yogananda R and Bharathi DR. A Review on Nanoparticles Applications in Different Drug Delivery Systems. Am. J. PharmTech Res. (2012); 2(6),,162-176.
5. N.Raghavendra Naveen N,.Nagaraja TS,Yogananda R and Snehalatha. Design and in vitro evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of Norfloxacin using different super disintegrants. International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences (2012),2(2),212-220.
6. Raghavendra Naveen N,Nagaraja TS.Yogananda R, Snehalatha,Divya P, Farida Begum. Design and in vitro evaluation of orodispersible tablets of Atenolol using different super disintegrants. International journal of institutional pharmacy and life sciences 2012;2(2).
1. Sridharamurthy NB, . Yogananda R and Riyaz Mahamood. Effect of leaf extracts of Rhynchosia Beddomei on Ehrlich Ascites Carcinoma in mice. International Journal of Drug Development & Research 2011, 3( 4 ),225-236.
2. Sridharamurthy NB, . Yogananda R and Riyaz Mahamood. Effect of Root Extracts and Isolated Compounds of Xanthium strumarium L. on Ehrlich Ascites Carcinoma in Mice. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics 2011: 03( 04), 158-167.
3. Sridharamurthy NB, Yogananda R and Srinivas U. In-vitro Antioxidant and Antilipidemic Activities of Xanthium strumarium L. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy.2011: 5 (3), 1362-1371.
1. Srinivasa U,.Yogananda R, Divakar Kand Venkateshwara Rao J. Phytochemical characterization of Justica Beddomel leaves. Herbal Tech Industry,2010,.6(5), 5-8.
2. Sridharamurthy NB and Yogananda R. Screening of Xanthium Strumarium (L) root extracts for depressant activity. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2010: 3(4),209-215.
3. Sridharamurthy NB and Yogananda R. Antioxidant and antibacterial activity of Xanthuim strumarium L. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics 2010;02( 06), 407-413
1. Yogananda R, Nagaraja TS, Snehalatha, Jayadevaiah KV and Vijay Kumar MMJ. Comparative invitro bioequivalence studies of designed, branded and generic tablets of ciprofloxacin 250mg. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science 2009; 1(1):28-34.
2. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Snehalatha,Yogananda R, Nagaraja TS, Shameer H, Jayachandran E and Sreenivasa GM. N-substituted-thiazolidin-4-ones: Synthesis and characterisation of new novel anti-inflammatory agents. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, 2009; 1(1):42-54.
3. Lakshmi Radhika G, Yogananda R, Chinna Devi G, Snehalatha and Nagaraja TS, Design and evaluation of artemether tablets. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, 2009; 1(1):182-187.
4. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Yogananda R, Snehalatha, Shameer H, Jayachandran E and Sreenivasa G.M.Synthesis and Characterization of Novel N-Substituted-3-chloro-2-Azetidinones as Potential Anticonvulsant Agents. Journal of Biomedecal Sciences and Research 2009: 1 (1), 1-10.
5. Snehalatha, Lakshmi Radhika,Yogananda R, Nagaraja T.S, Vijay Kumar MMJ and Masareddy RS. Formulation and Evaluation of Piroxicam dispersible tablets using Natural disintegrants. Journal of Pharmceutical Sciences & Research. 2009,1(4), 146-150.
Number of Presentations : 01
1. Recipient of best paper presentation award presented at National convention â€œRecent Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciencesâ€ held at Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra rsity,Vishakapattanam.
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended :
1. Participated as delegate in â€œSelf Regulation And Professional Standards In Pharmaceutical Educationâ€ KLES college of pharmacy, Hubli, Karnataka on 17 & 18 October,2003.
2. Participated in â€œStaff Development Programme In Adv In Ind Pharmacy And Pharmaceuticsâ€™â€™ organized under sponsorship of AICTE on 3-16 sep, 2003.
3. Participated as delegate in â€œ59th IPC organized by APTIâ€ held at Varanasi from 20-23 Dec, 2007.
4. Participated in â€œAPTI-11th Annual National Convention 2006â€ held at NIMHANS, Bangalore on 1-3 Sep,2006.
5. Participated in â€œWorkshop On Research And Publication Ethicsâ€ organized by IEC, Sri Hasanamba Dental College And Hospital on 23rd Dec 2015.
6. Participated as delegate in â€œ67th IPC Organized By IPC Associationâ€ held at JSS University, Mysore on 19-21 Dec, 2015.
7. Participated as delegate in â€œ66th IPC organized by AIDCOCâ€ held at Hyderabad on 23-25 Jan, 2015.
8. Participated in the one day seminar on â€œ Modern Analytical Techniquesâ€ held at AL-AMEEN College Of Pharmacy in Bangalore on 10 Aug, 2001.
9. Participated as a delegate in â€œTraining And Workshop On Bioethicsâ€ organized by Department Of Pharmaceutics, Sri Adichunchangiri College Of Pharmacy, BG Nagara on 1-Dec 2015.
10. Participated in national workshop on â€œHow To Get Grade A In NAACâ€ held at The Pride Hotel, Bangalore on 27 Nov, 2015.
11. Participated in â€œInternational Symposium On Emerging Trends In Biomedical And Nanobiotechnolgy: Relevance To Human Healthâ€ organized jointly by Department Of Biotechnology And Department Of Nanaotechnology , Acharya Nagarjuna University held at Guntur on 19-21 Dec, 2009.
12. Participated as a delegate in â€œAdvancing Pharmacy Practice In India: The Next Generation Pharmacistâ€ organized by the Indian Congress Of Pharmacy Practice 2014 & Inaugural Convention Of The Indian Association Of Colleges Of Pharmacy held at Bengaluru on 21st and 22nd Feb, 2014.
13. Participated as a delegate in the â€˜Workshopâ€™ And â€˜One On Oneâ€™ Meetingâ€™ On ACTE â€˜International Certification Programâ€™ organized by IACP, India and ACPE, USA, held at Taj Vivanta, Bengaluru on 17th and 18th Mar, 2015.
14. Participated as a delegate in â€œInternational Conference at 7th Bangalore INDIA NANO 2014â€ held at Bangalore.
15. Participated as delegate in â€œ 62nd IPC organized by IPC associationâ€ held at Manipal university, Manipal on 17-19 Dec,2010.
16. Participated as a delegate in â€œSecond Annual Convention Of Association Of Biotechnology And Pharmacyâ€ organized by the Association Of Biotechnology And Pharmacy And Acharya & B.M Reddy College Of Pharmacy held at Bangalore on 24&25 Jan, 2009.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculum
b) Teaching methods
c) Evaluation methods
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Extension work /community service: