Department of Pharmacy Practice
In the department of Pharmacy Practice the students gain skills necessary to practice pharmaceutical care upon entering the profession regardless of the practice environment with a goal to improve an individual patient's quality of life through achievement of definite, medication-related therapeutic outcomes.
The students along with pharmacy practice faculty provide clinical pharmacy services to the patients of Basaveshwara Medical College Hospital and Research Center, which is owned by our own education trust SJM Vidyapeetha ®.
- Pharmaceutical care
- Drug Interactions and Drug interventions.
- Drug Utilization evaluations.
- Patient Counseling.
- Therapeutic guidelines for various Departments.
- Medication errors
- Community based studies.
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Evaluation of treatment pattern in different specialties.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Prescribing pattern of Beta Lactum antibiotics in Paediatric Patients in tertiary care hospital.
- Drug Utilization in Diabetic Patients in a tertiary care teaching hospital.
- Pharmaceutical care practice-drug related problems of inpatients in a tertiary care hospital.
- The Prevalence of Polypharmacy in Department of Medicine of Tertiary care teaching hospital :A pharmacoepidemiological approach.
- Study of Adverse drug reactions in people living with HIV/AIDS in Chitradurga district ART Centre
Conferences attended by Staff and Students:
Community based work
Students involved in 10 Medical camps along with BMCH & RC.
Conducted 2 Blood donation Camps.
Organized 04 Drug awareness rallies.
|Dr.Yogananda R ( Professor & HOD )||view profile|
|Mr.Shankar Reddy B., (Asst Professor)||view profile|
|Mr. Manoj Kumar M (Asst. Proffessor)||view profile|
|Miss. Sharavani Hugar (Lecturer)||view profile|
|Dr. Mamatha (Lecturer)||view profile|
|Dr. Priyanka N (Lecturer)||view profile|
|Miss. Charita K (Lecturer)||view profile|
|Dr. Narayanamurthy C (Professor)|
|Dr. Kanyakumari (Asso. Professor)|