Department of Pharmacology
Dr. Bharathi D.R.
Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology
Department of Pharmacology
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga – 577502
- Ph.D (2009), Kuvempu University, Shankarghatta, Shivamogga.
- M. Pharm (1993), Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore University, Bengaluru.
- B. Pharm (1990), National College of Pharmacy, Mysore University, Shivamogga.
- Worked as Lecturer at SAC College of Pharmacy, B.G. Nagar, Karnataka from 20/09/1993 to 15/02/1997.
- Worked as Lecturer at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga, Karnataka from 17/02/1997 to 01/04/1999.
- Promoted as Assistant Professor at SJM College of Pharmacy from 01/04/1999 to 03/11/2008.
- Promoted as Professor at SJM College of Pharmacy since 03/11/2008 to till date.
- Promoted as Principal at SJM College of Pharmacy since 16/01/2009 to till date.
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Invivo screening of CVS drug molecules, antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory agents.
- Invitro screening of antimicrobial and anticancer agents.
- Screening of inorganic and organic lead molecules derived from natural and synthetic sources.
- Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology
Research Work during Doctoral Studies
Synthesis, Characterization and Pharmacological Investigations on Metal Complexes of Naphtho[2,1-b]furan derivatives.
Research Work during Masters
Comparative study of a few marketed products for their hepatoprotective activity and improving liver function in animals.
Ongoing Research Work
Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation Of Anticancer Activity of Some Novel 2-Mercapto Pyrimidines.â€“funded by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
|A Study on Drug Use Evaluation in Geriatric Population in Chitradurga District||Mr. Nataraj G.R|
|Drug utilization Evaluation and cost analysis of Management of Diabetes mellitus||Mr. Abubaker Siddiq|
Impact of Patient Information Leaflets and Patient Counselling on Medication Adherence of Tuberculosis Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital.
Ms. Akshaya M
|Prescription Pattern of Antihypertensive Drugs in Hypertensive Diabetic Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital.||Ms. Anju K P|
|A Study on Prescription Pattern of Antimicrobials in Pelvic Inflammatory Disease in a Tertiary Care Hospital||Ms. Anju Paulose|
|A Study on Prescribing Patterns and Efficacy of Antibiotics in Orthopaedic Department in a Teaching Hospital.||Mr. Anto John|
|Role of Pharmacists Intervention on HIV Among Adolescents of Selected Pre University Colleges in Chitradurga City: A KAP Study||Ms. Anu Rajan|
|A Community Based Interventional Study on Tuberculosis Among Selected Higher Secondary Schools in Chitrdurga City: A KAP Study||Ms. Athira Ajith|
|A Community Based Knowledge, Attitude& Practice of Dengue Fever Among Selected Schools Students in Chitradurga.||Ms. Biji Babu|
|A Study on Prescription Pattern of Anti hypertensives in Cardiovascular Patients and ADR in a Tertiary Care Hospital||Mr. Rahul Jose|
Drug Utilization Review of Antibiotics in Teaching Hospital
Mr. Adeel Ahamed
|Synthesis, characterization and biological activities of some novel indole derivatives.||Mr. Ambrsih D.S|
|Synthesis, characterization and biological studies on novel thiophene derivatives||Mr. Naveen Sunagar|
|Synthesis, characterization and biological activities of some novel furan derivatives.||Miss. Swaroopa Chunchu|
|Synthesis, characterisation and biological activities of some novel substituted pyrimidine derivatives.||Mr. Rangaswamy J|
|Phytochemical investigation and screening for analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of stem bark of Bauhinia variegate Linn.||Mr. Srinath S|
|Phytochemical investigation and screening for analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of stem bark of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn.||Mr. Patil Keerthi Kumar|
- Life member of Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India.
- Life member of Karnataka State Pharmacy Council.
- Member, at Faculty of Pharmacy, Board of Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the academic years 2012 to 2014.
- Member at PG-CET Cell of RGUHS, Bengaluru Karnataka for the academic 2013-14.
- Member, at Faculty of Pharmacy, Pharm D -Board of Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for the academic years 2014 to till date.
1. Stimson Jose, Yogananda R, Basavanthappa SP, Bharathi Raghunath N. Evaluation of antibiotic usage on lower respiratory tract infections in paediatric department â€“ an observational study. Int. J. Cont. paediatrics. 2015. 3(1), 146-149.
2. Yogananda R, Manoj KM, Pathan AK, Nagendra GMR, Bharathi DR, Sowmya M. Adverse Drug Reactions to Anti-Retroviral Therapy: A Cross Sectional Observational Study. Eur. J. Biomed. Pharm. Sci. 2015. 2(3), 1259-1271.
3. Ishwar Bhat K, Mumtaz Mohammed Hussain M, Revanasiddappaa BC and Bharathi DR. Synthesis, antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxicity screening of 1,5-benzodiazepines. J. Indian Chem. Soc. 2015, 92, 945-950.
4. Nataraj GR, Moulya MV, KN Shashidhar, Arathy SG, V Sharath Kumar, Bharathi DR, SR Vagesh Kumar. Evaluation of prescription appropriateness in geriatric hypertensive population by using beersâ€™ criteria Indo American Journal Of pharmaceutical research, 2015, 5(4), 1475-1480.
5. Nataraj GR, Manasa BP, SreeNagavalli K, Deepthi M, Dhruvil Patel, Abubaker Siddiq, Bharathi DR, Yogananda.R. Prescribing pattern of Î² -lactam antibiotics in paediatric patients in a teritary care hospital. Int. J. Adv. Pharm. Res. 5(2), 2014, 149-156.
6. Abubaker Siddiq, Gowthami B, Karthik M, Mehul R. The prevalence of polypharmacy in department of medicine of a tertiary care teaching hospital: a pharmacoepidemiological approach. Int. J. Adv. Pharm. Res. 5(6), 2014.
7. Shashank SH, Abubaker Siddiq, Moulya MV, Nataraj GR, Bharathi DR. The Assessment of Socio-Economic inequalities in Extra-Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients undergoing DOTS Therapy in Chitradurga Region. Int. J. Drug. Dev. Res. 5(4), 2014, 167-172.
8. Moulya MV, Abubaker Siddiq, Shashank SH, Nataraj GR, Bharathi DR. The Spectrum of Extra pulmonary Tuberculosis: A Microbiological, Clinical and Epidemiological Retrospective Review in Chitradurga Region. American J. Pharm. Health Res. 10(2), 2014, 186-191.
9. Mumtaz Mohammed Hussain M, Ishwar Bhat K, Revannasiddappa BC and Bharathi DR. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some novel 2-mercapto pyrimidines. Int. J Pharm. Pharm. Sci. (2013) 5(2), 471-473.
10. Swetha G, Jayadevaiah KV, Bharathi DR, Rajashekar KV, Nataraj GR and Swaroopa CH. Evaluation of analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of stem bark of sesbania grandiflora(L) poir. International J. Pharm. Chem. Sciences. (2012) 2(2), 290-298.
11. Basavaraja HS, Sadyojatha I, Shivakumar B, Basavaraj Padamashali, Vijay Kumar MMJ and Bharathi DR. Synthesis, QSAR and antimicrobial evaluation of some novel substituted tetrahydropyrimidine derivatives. International J. Pharm. Chem. Sciences. (2012) 1(1), 319-325.
12. Nagaraja YS, Nagaraj TS, Bharathi DR, Mahantesha MK and Manjunatha TO. Formulation and evaluation of parenteral dosage form of lornoxicam using hydrotropic solubilization method. American J. Pharm. Res.(2012), 2(5), 573-585.
13. Yogananda R, Rakesh B, Nagaraja TS, Snehalatha, Lakshmiradhika G and Bharathi DR. Development and Characterization of mucoadhesive patches of tramadol hydrochloride for buccal administration. WorldJ. Pharmacy and Pharm. Sci. (2012), 1(2), 786-798.
14. Nagaraja YS, Nagaraja TS, Bharathi DR and Mahantesha MK. Formulation and stability study of azithromycin parenteral dosage form. Int. J. Uni. Phar. Life sci. (2012), 2(4), 270-283.
15. Basavaraja H S, Vishwapathi A, Sadyojatha I, D. R. Bharathi and Maruthi T Ekbote. Synthesis , antimicrobial and QSAR studies of some novel substituted pyridine Chalcones. Universal Journal of Pharmacy. (2012) 01(01), 61-66
16. Mumtaz Mohammed Hussain M, Ishwar Bhat K, Revanasiddappa BC, Abubaker siddiq and Bharathi DR. Antimicrobial and cytotoxic evaluation of (E)-thienyl chalcones derived from thiophene carbaldehyde. Pharmacology online. (2011) 3, 880-888.
17. Sandeep KC, Ramesh B, Chetan MB, Jaishree V, Puttaraj C and Bharathi DR. Synthesis and antioxidant screening of some novel 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives. Research J. Pharm. Tech. (2011) 4(10), 1540-1544.
18. Ramesh B, Bharathi DR, Basavaraj HS and Jayadevaiah KV. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of trisubstituted 1,6-dihydropyrimidines. Asian J. Chem. (2008) 20(4), 2591-2596.
19. Ramesh B, Bharathi DR and Keshavayya J, Enhancement in the synthesis of 4-(substituted) 2-mercapto-5-cyano-6-oxo-1,6-dihydropyrimidines by microwave induced organic reaction and their antimicrobial activity. J. Pharm. Res. (2007) 6(4), 241-243.
1. Basavaraja HS, Jayadevaiah KV, Vijay Kumar MMJ, Mumtaz Mohammed Hussain M and Bharathi DR, Synthesis and antitubercular screening of novel substituted eugenol and paracetamol linked tetrahydropyrimidine derivatives. Indo-US symposium on â€œFrontiers in Medicinal Cheimistry and Drug Discoveryâ€-Molecule to Medicine. JSS University, Mysore, Three day symposium, April 21st to 23rd 2011.
2. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Jayadevaiah KV, Bharathi DR, Shameer H, Jaychandran E and Sreenivasa GM. Synthesis, characterization and anticonvulsant studies of new 4-thiazolidinones. National level technical symposium on â€œNovel Concepts in Pharmaceutical Researchâ€ . NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, NITTE University, Mangalore, Two day symposium, July 16th and 17th .
3. Bharathi DR, Ramesh B, Vaidya VP, Latha KP, Vijay Kumar MMJ, Mumtaz-Md-Hussain and Basavaraja HS. Synthesis, characterization and biological investigations on metal complexes of 2-acetylnaptho [2,1-B] furan semicarbazone. National level technical symposium on â€œNovel Concepts in Pharmaceutical Researchâ€ . NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, NITTE University, Mangalore, Two day symposium, July 16th and 17th .
4. Shameer H, Vijay Kumar MMJ, Jayadevaiah KV, Bharathi DR, Girish HN, Jaychandran E, Sreenivasa GM. Anticonvulsant activity of fluoro substituted benzothiazoles comprising imidazole by PTZ induced method. National level technical symposium on â€œNovel Concepts in Pharmaceutical Researchâ€ . NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, NITTE University, Mangalore, Two day symposium, July 16th and 17th .
5. Basavaraja HS, Basavaraj Padmashali, Ishwar Bhat K, Mumtaz Mohammed Hussain M and Bharathi DR. Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of some novel substituted pyrimidines National level technical symposium on â€œNovel Concepts in Pharmaceutical Researchâ€ . NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, NITTE University, Mangalore, Two day symposium, July 16th and 17th .
Workshops and Conferences
1. Participated as Poster Evaluator in the Scientific Session and Scientific Committee Member at the 2nd Convention of Indian Association of Clinical Pharmacists, held at Hotel Le Meridian, Coimbatore , Tamil Nadu, on 2nd and 3rd April 2016.
2. Participated as Poster Evaluator in the Scientific Session at the 67th IPC held at JSS University, Mysuru, Karnataka from December 19th to 21st 2015.
3. Participated as delegate in one day workshop on â€œTraining and workshop on Publication ethicsâ€ on 23rd December 2015 at Sri Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, B.G. Nagar.
4. Participated as delegate in one day workshop on â€œTraining and workshop on Bioethicsâ€ on 01st December 2015 at Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B.G. Nagar.
5. Participated as delegate in one day workshop and one on one meeting on ACPE â€˜ International Certification Programâ€™ on 17th -18th of March 2015 at Bengaluru.
6. Participated as delegate in 74th FIP World congress at Bangkok from 31st of August â€“ 4th of September 2014.
7. Participated as delegate in Indian Congress of Pharmacy Practice and Inaugural Convention of Indian Association of Pharmacy Practice on â€œAdvancing in Pharmacy Practice in India- The Next Generation Pharmacistâ€ organized by Indian Association of Colleges of Pharmacy on 21st& 22nd February 2014 at Bengaluru.
8. Participated as delegate and Volunteer in 62nd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress 17th â€“ 19th December 2010, Manipal.
9. Participated as Co-Chairman for Ladies Hospitality Committee during 63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress(IPC) from 16th -18th of December 2011 at Bengaluru.
10. Participated as delegate in National Seminar on Recent Trends in Pharmacy Eduacation and Practice organized by Pharmacy Council of India from 9th -10th of July 2010 at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
Workshops and Conferences Organized
1. Organized and Participated in one day National Level Seminar on â€œRecent Trends in Pharmacy Educationâ€ on 29th November 2010 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
2. Organized and participated in one day National Level Seminar on â€œRecent trends and challenges in Pharmacovigilanceâ€ on 15th March 2014 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
3. Organized and Participated in one day National Level Seminar on â€œModern Pharmaceutical Technology & Career Opportunities- an overviewâ€ on 05th April 2014 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
4. Organized and Participated in RGUHS sponsored two day workshop on â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ on 09th and 10th February 2016.
5. Organized and Participated a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.