Department of Pharmacology
Dr JAGDISH N
Department of Pharmacology
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- Ph.D â€“ Biotechnology (2006-2009) : ---
- M. Pharm â€“ Pharmacology (1983-1985) : 62.41%
Govt College of Pharmacy Bangalore
- B. Pharm (1977-1986) : 57.13%
Dept of Pharmacy, J N Medical College , Belgaum
( K L Eâ€™S College of Pharmacy)
Karnataka University Dharwad, Karnataka-state
- Asst Professor (Aug 1985 to June 1996) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Professor (July 1996 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- B.Pharm : 17 Years
- Pharm D : 08 Years
- M.Pharm : 3 Years
Research Experience : 11 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Isolation, characterization and pharmacological studies of active principles of herbal drugs.
- Anti cancer studies
A. During Doctoral Studies
- Title: Evaluation of Pharmacological and Antitumor properties in Echinops echinatus Roxb. .
B. During Masters
- Title: Anti mitotic and anticancer studies of essential oils-Palmarosa oil, Vetiver oil and Î² Ionone.
Number of Publications :02 Publications
1. Jagadish.N R.N , Riaz Mohmmod, Evaluation of Hepatoprotective activity of Echinops echinatus Roxb. Indian drugs 46(4);2009;342-46
2. Jagadish.N R.N , Riaz MohmWound healing effect of Echinops echinatus Roxb.Adv Pharmacol Toxicol 9(2);2008;145-149
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 08
1. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
2. National Level Symposium on â€œRecent Trends in Pharmacy Educationâ€ 29th November, 2010 organized by SJM College of Pharmacy, SJM Vidyapeetha(R), Chitradurga.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculum
Participated in Pharm D course curriculum workshop entitled â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ to define syllabus more appropriately, organized at SJM College of Pharmacy in Co-Ordination with RGUHS on 9th February 2016.
b) Teaching methods
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
c) Evaluation methods
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
- Lab Manual was Prepared and supplied to students.
- Chapter wise hand outs and notes was prepared and supplied to students at the end of each chapter.
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- 1. Life Member Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI).
- 2. Member Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
Extension work /community service:
1. Community work such as values of National Integration, secularism, democracy, socialism, Humanism, peace, scientific temper, floor of Drought relief, family planning, Public Health AIDS, etc.
Organized and Participated in health awareness programmes of Malaria Dengue, Tuberculosis. Polio companioning etc
Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity
1. Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
2. Participated in a National Service Scheme (NSS)
As a Co-ordinator
Enrichment of Campus Life
Involving in institutional sports and cultural committee.