Department of Pharmaceutics
Smt. LAKSHMI RADHIKA G
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- M. Pharm â€“ Industrial Pharmacy (2002-2004)
Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram
Tamil Nadu : 70%
- B. Pharm (1997-2002)
TVM College of Pharmacy, Bellary, Karnataka
Rajiv Gandhi University Health Sciences, Bengaluru. : 63.4%
- Lecturer (June 2004 to July 2005) at SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli
- Lecturer (July 2005 to Jan 2006) at MESCO College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad
- Lecturer (Jan 2006 to April 2014) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Assistant Professor (April 2014 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- M.Pharm : 12 Years
Research Experience : 12 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
A. During Masters
Title: Design and Evaluation of Artemether Tablets (May-2004)
Number of Publications : 09
1. Lakshmi Radhika.G., Yogananda R., Chinna Devi.G. Snehalatha., Nagaraja.T.S., â€œDesign and Evaluation of Artemether Tabletsâ€. Int.J.Pharm.Sci, 2009; 1(1): 182-87.
2. Snehalatha., Lakshmi Radhika.G., Yogananda R., Nagaraja.T.S., Vijay Kumar M.M.J., Masareddy.R.S., â€œFormulation and Evaluation of Piroxicam Dispersible Tablets Using Natural Disintegrantsâ€. J.Pharm.Sci. & Res. 2009; 1(4): 146-150.
3. R.Yogananda., Rakesh Bulugondla., T.S.Nagaraja., Snehalatha., Lakshmi Radhika.G., â€œFormulation and Evaluation of Mucoadhesive Buccal Patches of Tramadol Hydrochlorideâ€. Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2012; 2(2): 371-79.
4. Uma Sagar Reddy.B., Lakshmi Radhika.G., K. Raja Krishna Sumanth., â€œDesign and Evaluation of Norfloxacin Gastroretentive Effervescent Floating Tabletsâ€. Int. J. Uni. Pharm & Lif. Sci. 2012; 2(2): 42-7.
5. Lakshmi Radhika.G., Snehalatha., B. Shiva kumar. A Review on â€œApproaches in Technologies of Taste Masking of Oral Dosage Formsâ€. Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2012; 2(3): 1-8.
6. M.K. Mahanthesha., Nagaraja.T.S., Yogananda R., Lakshmi Radhika.G. A Review on â€œMethods of Preparation of Mucoadhesive Microspheresâ€. Int. J. Drug. Dis. & Her. Res.2013; 3(1): 549-55.
7. Mallamma.T*. Dr. Bharathi D.R., R. Yogananda, G. Lakshmi Radhika, Vyjayanthimala T. â€œFormulation and Evaluation of Stavudine loaded Polymethacylic acid Nanoparticlesâ€ International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, Volume 2, Issue 4: October 2013.
8. M. K. Mahanthesh*, T. S. Nagaraja, Lakshmi Radhika G, T.Vyjayanthimala, Mallamma T, Formulation and Evaluation of Metoclopramide mouth Dissolving Tablets, Int. J. Biopharmaceutics. 2013;4(3): 201-206.
9. Mahantesha.M.K*, T.S.Nagaraja , LAKSHMI RADHIKA.G , Anand B Geni, Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Tablets of Antibacterial Agent, Int. J. Advanced Research. 2013;1(6): 465-470
Number of Presentations : 01
1. Manasa Gururaj., Snehalatha., Bharathi.D.R., Lakshmi Radhika.G. â€œDesign and characterisation of Aceclofenac with Paracetamol Rapimeltsâ€. IPC 2011, Bengaluru.
Refresher / Orientation Courses
Number of Courses Attended : NIL
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 05
- 1. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
- 2. Attained a national level seminar on â€œRecent Trends in Pharmacy Educationâ€ organized by S.J.M. College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga in Nov-2010.
- 3. Attended a guest lecture on â€œDendrimersâ€ by Dr. Srinivas Mutalik held at S.J.M. College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga in Nov-2011.
- 4. Participated in 63rd IPC at Bengaluru in Dec-2011.
- 5. Attended two days guest lecture on â€œTechnological advancements in Transdermal Drug delivery systemsâ€ & â€œNewer trends in magnetic drug delivery systemsâ€ by Dr. M.Subramanian Natesan held at S.J.M. College of Pharmacy, chitradurga in May-2012.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculum
Participated in Pharm D course curriculum workshop entitled â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ to define syllabus more appropriately, organized at SJM College of Pharmacy in Co-Ordination with RGUHS on 9th February 2016.
b) Teaching methods
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
c) Evaluation methods
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
- Lab Manual was Prepared and supplied to students.
- Chapter wise hand outs and notes was prepared and supplied to students at the end of each chapter.
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- 1. Life Member Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI).
- 2. Member Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
Extension work /community service:Community work such as values of National Integration, secularism, democracy, socialism, Humanism, peace, scientific temper, floor of Drought relief, family planning, Public Health AIDS, etc.
- Organized and Participated in health awareness programmes of Dengue, Tuberculosis.
- Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity 1. Organized and Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga. 2. Organized Seminars and Awareness Programs in many villages
- Co-curricular activities
- Co-ordinator for Synergizers/Titrators/Extractors/Interactors/Crushers
- Enrichment of Campus Life
- Actively associated with Admission Process, Cultural Programmes, Sports, Debates, Seminars, Exhibition and other campus activities related to the college