Department of Pharmaceutics
Prof. & Head, Dept. of Pharmaceutics,
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- â€¢ Ph.D - Biotechnology (2008-2013) :
Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta, Shimoga. Karnataka
- â€¢ M. Pharm - Pharmaceutics (1997-1999)
Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru : 67.00%
- â€¢ B. Pharm (2001-2005)
SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli; Gulbarga University, Gulbarga. : 61.00%
- â€¢ D. Pharm (1999-2001)
SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli Board of Examining Authority, Bengaluru. : 52.00%
- Lecturer (1988 to 1989) at SCS College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Lecturer ( 1989 to 2002) at SJM College of Pharmacy, chitradurga
- Assistant Professor (1.12.2002) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Professor ( 1.9.2012 till date)
- B.Pharm : 16 Years
- Pharm D : 8 Years
- M.Pharm : 6 Years
Research Experience : 15 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems
- Herbal Formulations
A. During Doctoral Studies
Title: Pytochemical Screening and Pharmacological Evaluation of Erythrina Mysorensis Gamb.,
B. During Masters
Title: "Nanoparticles-Colloidal Drug Delivery System of a Selected Anti-inflammatory Drug-Nimesulide"
Number of Publications : 26 Publications
N. R. Ravikumara, N. P. Adity and B. Madhusudhan* T. S. Nagaraj, Shobharani R. Hiremat, Gargi Raina, Preparation and Evaluation of Nimesulide-loaded Ethylcellulose and Methylcellulose Nanoparticles and Microparticles for Oral Delivery, Journal of BIOMATERIALS APPLICATIONS, 2009.Vijay Kumar.M.M.J.,I Jayadevaiah, K.V.,I Nagaraja, T.S., II Bharathi, D.R.,III Shameer, H.,IV Jayachandran, E., IV Sreenivasa, G.M. *IV Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of New N-Substituted-3-Chloro-2-Azetidinones. Arch Pharm Sci & Res Vol 1 No 1 31-39 July 2009
Nagaraja T.S.1*, Riaz Mohmood2, Krishna V.2 and Ekbote Maruthi T.3 Phytochemical Screening and Anthelmintic Activity of Erythrina mysorensis Gamb., Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2012; 4(3): 191-193.
T. S.Nagarajaa, Riaz Mahmoodb*, V. Krishnab ,Ekbote Maruthi Tc Evaluation Of Antimicrobial Activity Of Erythrina Mysorensis Gamb. International Journal of Drug Development & Research| April-June 2011 | Vol. 3 | Issue 2.
Vijay Kumar, M.M.J.,*I Snehalatha.,II Yogananda, R.,II Nagaraja, T.S.,II Shameer, H., III Jayachandran, E., III Sreenivasa, G.M.**II,. N-Substituted-Thiazolidin-4-Ones: Synthesis and Characterisation of New Novel Anti-Inflammatory Agents. Int. J.Ph.Sci, May-August 2009; 1(1):42-54.
Yogananda, R.,i Nagaraja, T.S.,i* Snehalatha,i Jayadevaiah, K.V.,ii Vijay Kumar, M.M.J.ii . Comparative Invitro Bioequivalence Studies Of Designed, Branded and Generic Tablets OfF Ciprofloxacin-250. Int. J.Ph.Sci, May-August 2009; 1(1):28-34.
Snehalatha., Lakshmi Radhika.,aYogananda, R.,*a Nagaraja, T.S.,a ,. Vijay Kumar, M.M.J.,b Masareddy,R.S.,c. Formulation and Evaluation of Piroxicam dispersible tablets using Natural disintegrants. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. Vol.1(4), 2009, 146-150.
Lakshmi Radhika, G.,1 Yogananda, R.,1* Chinna Devi,G,2 Snehalatha,1 Nagaraja,T.S.,1 . Design and Evaluation Of Artemether Tablets. Int.J.Ph.Sci, May-August 2009; 1(1):182-187.
Vijay Kumar, M.M.J1., Nagaraja, T.S2., Shameer, H3., Jayachandran, E4., Sreenivasa, G.M. N-Substituted-3-chloro-2-azetidinones: Synthesis and characterization of newnovel anti-inflammatory agents. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. Vol.1(2), 2009, 83-92.
T. S. Nagaraja, Riaz Mohamood1, V. Krishna1, B. S. Thippeswamy2, V. P. Veerapur2 Anticonvulsant activity of Erythrina mysorensis bark extract in an animal modelof epilepsy, Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics | January-March 2012 | Vol 3 | Issue 1.
N.Raghavendra Naveen*, T.S.Nagaraja, R.Yogananda, Snehalatha, Design and In Vitro Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Tablets of Norfloxacin Using Different Super Disintegrants, International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 2(2): March-April 2012.
N.Raghavendra Naveen*1, T.S.Nagaraja1, R.Yogananda1, Snehalatha1, P.Divya1, Farida Begum2, Design and In-Vitro Evaluation of Orodispersible Tablets of Atenalol Using Different Super Disintegrants, International Journal of Institutional Pharmacy and Life Sciences 2(2): March-April 2012.
T. S. Nagaraja, Riaz Mahmood1, V. Krishna1, B. S. Thippeswamy2, V. P. Veerapur2 Evaluation of anxiolytic effect of Erythrina mysorensis Gamb. in mice, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Aug 2012,vol 44, issue 4, 489-492.
Nagaraja Y.S.*, Nagaraja T. S., Bharathi D.R., Mahantesha M. K. Formulation and Stability Study Of Azithromycin Parenteral Dosage Form, International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences 2(4): July-August 2012.
Nagaraja YS*1, Nagaraj TS1., Bharathi DR1, Mahantesha MK1, Manjunatha TO1. Formulation and Evaluation of Parenteral Dosage Form of Lornoxicam Using Hydrotropic Solubilization Method. Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2012; 2(5).
M. K. Mahantheshaâƒ°, T. S. Nagaraja, R. Yogananda, Lakshmi Radhika G. A Review on Methods of Preparation of Mucoadhesive Microspheres, International Journal Of Drug Discovery And Herbal Research, 3(1): Jan.-March.: (2013), 549-555.
Mahanthesha.M.K*, Nagaraja.T.S And Dr. Bharathi D.R., R. Yogananda, Design and Evaluation of Timolol Maleate Buccal Patches Using Tween As Permeation Enhancer, International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Bio Sciences 2(3): May-June 2013.
T.Mallamma*1, Snehalatha1, T.S.Nagaraja1, T.Vyjayanthimala1. Formulation and Evaluation of Pantoprazole and Domperidone Mouth Dissolving Tablet Using Different Superdisintegrants Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2013; 3(3).
T.Vyjayanthimala1*, Snehalatha, T.S. Nagaraja, T.Mallamma, An Review of Nanotechnology. Am. J. PharmTech Res.2013; 3(3).
Ravi Kumar Zinka *, Snehalatha, T.S. Nagaraja, R. Yogananda. Formulation, Evaluation and Study of Effect of Hydrophilic Polymers on Release Rate of Cephalexin Floating Tablets, Int. J. Of Drug Discovery And Herbal Research, 3(1): Jan.-March.: (2013), 541-348.
P. Divya*, Snehalatha, T. S.Nagaraja, R.Yogananda, An Over View on Patented Technologies of Orodispersible Tablets, Int. J. Of Drug Discovery And Herbal Research, 3(1): Jan.-March.: (2013), 556-564.
Jekku Naga Subba Reddy1*, T.S Nagaraja1, N. Raghavendra Naveen1, M. Devi Reddy2 Design and Characterization of Sustained Release Matrix Tablets of Glimepiride By Using Synthetic and Natural Polymers, Int. J OF DRUG DISCOV. And HERBAL RESEARCH, 3(1): Jan.-March.: (2013), 573-578.
Zinka Ravi Kumar*, Snehalatha, T. S. Nagaraja and D.R.Bharathi, Enhancement of bioavailability and gastric residence time of cephalexin by hydrodynamically balanced system, Int. J. of Pharm. & Life Sci, Vol. 4, Issue 3: March: 2013, 2492-2499.
Naga Subba Reddy Jekku1, T.S Nagaraja1, Bharathi1 and M. Devi Reddy2, Formulation and evaluation of naproxen sodium rapimelts by direct compression method, Int. J. of Pharm. & Life Sci. Vol. 4, Issue 4: April: 2013, 2615-2620.
N. Raghavendra Naveen*, T. S. Nagaraja, D. R. Bharathi and J. Naga Subba Reddy, Formulation design and in vitro evaluations for stomach specific drug delivery system of anti retroviral drug-acyclovir, Int. J. of Pharm. & Life Sci. Vol. 4, Issue 3: March: 2013, 2506-2510.
M. K. Mahantheshaâƒ°, Dr .T. S. Nagaraja, Dr. Bharathi D.R., Naga Subba Reddy Jekku, Design, Development and Evaluation of Orodispersible Tablets of Metachlopromide Hydrochloride, International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Bio Sciences 2(3): May-June 2013.
Number of Presentations : 03
T. S. Nagarajaa, Riaz Mohmoodb, V. Krishnab ,. Anti-inflammatory activity of stem bark extracts Erythrina Mysorensis Gamb., At dept. of biotechnology, kuvempu university , shankaraghatta.
Mahantesha. MK1, Nagaraja T.S1, Nagaraja Y.S1, Ravi.B2. Preparation And Evaluation Of Mucoadhesive Microspheres Of Lopinavir. at 64th IPC Chennai.
vyjayanthimala .t, snehalatha, t.s Nagaraja, t. mallamma. a comparitive study on effect of different super disintegrants on drug release profiles of Piroxicam Rapid Disintegrating tablets by direct compression method. at 64th IPC Chennai.
Refresher / Orientation Courses
Number of Courses Attended : 05
Attended AICTE sponsored Short term training programme for teachers organized through ISTE for 13 days, at Prin.K.M. Kundnani college of pharmacy, Mumbai, october 1999.
Participated two days National seminar on Polymer Technology For Industry and Society, Jan 2000.
Participated in the Quality Improvement Programme sponsored by AICTE for 7 seven days at JSS college of Pharmacy, Ooty, November 2000.
Participated UGC sponsored State level Conference on Nano Materials and Their Applications organized by Dept. of Chemistry, SJM College of Arts and Science on Feb 2007.
Short Course in Education Methodology. Conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. February â€“ April 2016
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 08
- 49th IPC at Tiruvananthpuram, December 1997.
- Work shop on Cosmetics at Al-Ameen college of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
- Scientific paper presented, Conference of Bio-Technology at Kuvempu university, Shankaraghatta, 2012.
- 62nd IPC at Manipal, December 2010.
- National Level Symposium on â€œRecent Trends in Pharmacy Educationâ€ 29th November, 2010 organized by SJM College of Pharmacy, SJM Vidyapeetha(R), Chitradurga.
- Participated in a workshop on â€œResearch Ethicsâ€ on 25th January 2016 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
- 63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, at Bengaluru
- 67th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, at Mysore.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculum
Participated as team member for IV B.pharm, Pharmaceutical Technology and Bio pharmaceutics subject question bank preparation and curriculum designing at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
Participated as team member for III Pharm D, Pharmaceutical Formulations subject question bank preparation and curriculum designing at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
b) Teaching methods
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
c) Evaluation methods
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
- Lab Manual was Prepared and supplied to students.
- Solved question papers are made available in Library.
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- 1. Member Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
- 2. Life Member Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI).
- 3. Life Member Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA).
Extension work /community service:
1. Community work such as values of National Integration, scientific temper & Health awareness etc.,
- â€¢ Participated in health awareness programmes of Dengue, Tuberculosis.
- â€¢ Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity
1. Organized RGUHS Funded Seminar on â€œModern Pharmaceutical Technology and Career Opportunities â€“ an overviewâ€ by By: Mr. Krishna Kumar, Manager, Biocon Limited, Bangalore on 05/04/2014 at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
2. Organised Guest Lecture by Dr. Srinivas Mutalik, Prof, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Technology, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka. 29/11/11 Nano technology and Dendrimers
3. Organised Guest Lecture by Dr.Natesan Subramanian, Associate Professor, Anna Technical University, Trichy Tamil Nadu. 04/05/20124th Generation Transdermal Drug Delivery Systemsâ€
Co-ordinator for Synergizers/Titrators/Extractors/Interactors/Crushers
Enrichment of Campus Life
Member of institutional sports and cultural committee.