Department of Pharma Chemistry
Mr. Vijay Kumar MMJ
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
Mob : +919886600764
- M. Pharm - Pharmaceutical Chemistry (2007-2009) SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli. Rajiv Gandhi University Health Sciences, Bengaluru.: 75.57%
- M. Pharm (2009), Pharmaceutical Chemistry, SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli.â€¢ B. Pharm (1993-2007) SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga; Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta: 64.57%
- Ph.D - Pharmaceutical Sciences (2010-till date) Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta: Thesis Submitted
- Lecturer (December 2009 to April 2014) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- Assistant Professor (April 2014 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
- B.Pharm : 7 Years
- Pharm D : 7 Years
- M.Pharm : 1 Year
Research Experience : 07 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Synthetic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Drug design
- Evaluation of anti-tumor, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents.
A. During Doctoral Studies
Title: Extraction, Isolation & Pharmacological Investigation of active constituents of Bauhinia variegata Linn.
B. During Masters
Title: Synthesis of Bioactive molecule Fluoro Substituted Benzthiazole comprising Thiazolidinone, Azetidinone for Biological and Pharmacological screening.
Number of Publications : 12 Publications
1. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Eswarappa B, Yadav D Bodke. An investigation on anti-inflammatory potency on various extracts of stem bark of Bauhinia variegata Linn., by carrageenen induced paw edema method. J. of Natural Products & Plant Resources, (2014), 4 (3), 52-57.
2. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Eswarappa B, Yadav D Bodke. Evaluation of Antioxidant Potency of Various Extracts of Stem Bark of Bauhinia variegata Linn. Inventi Rapid: Planta Activa. (2014), Vol 3, 1-5.
3. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Eswarappa B, Yadav D Bodke. Basavaraja HS, Jayadevaiah KV. Isolation of Phytoconstituents from the Stem Bark of Bauhinia variegata Linn. PharmaTutor Magazine. (2014), 2(9),150-156.
4. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Eswarappa B, Yadav D Bodke. A Comparative Study: In-vitro Anti-inflammatory Activity on Various Extracts of Stem Bark of Bauhinia variegata Linn. Inventi Rapid: Planta Activa. (2013), Vol 2, ppa 247.
5. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Eswarappa B, Yadav D Bodke. Antimaicrobial activity of stem bark of Bauhinia variegata Linn. American Journal of Pharmtech Research, 2013, 2(1), 564-569.
6. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Nagaraja TS, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM.Synthesis and characterization and antimicrobial activity of new N-Substituted-3-chloro-2-azetidinonesâ€. Arch Pharm Sci & Res, 1(1), 31-39.
7. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Snehalatha, Yogananda R, Nagaraja TS, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM. N â€“ Substituted â€“ 3 â€“ chloro â€“ 2 - azetidinones: Synthesis and characterization of new novel anti-inflammatory agentsâ€. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res., 1(2), 83-92.
8. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Yogananda R, Snehalatha, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM. Synthesis and characterization of N-Substituted -3-Chloro-2-Azetidinones as potential anticonvulsant agentsâ€. J. Biomed Sci & Res., 1(1), 1-10.
9. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Shankrappa L, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM.N-Substitutedâ€“thiazolidin-4-ones: Synthesis and characterization of new novel anti-inflammatory agentsâ€. Int. J. Ph. Sci., 1(1), 42-54.
10. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Snehalatha, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM. N-Substitutedâ€“thiazolidin-4-ones: Synthesis and characterization of new novel potential anticonvulsant agentsâ€. Arch. Pharm Sci & Res., 1(2), 138-149.
11. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM. Synthesis of Bioactive Molecule Fluoro Benzothiazole Comprising Potent Heterocyclic Moieties for Anthelmentic Activityâ€. Arch. Pharm Sci & Res., (2009), 1(2), 150-157.
12. Vijay Kumar MMJ, Jayadevaiah KV, Shameer H, Jayachandran E, Sreenivasa GM. Synthesis, characterization and anthelmintic activity of novel [N-Substituted-thiazolidinâ€“4â€“ones. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, (2009), 2(4), 277-280.
Refresher / Orientation Courses
Number of Courses Attended : Nil
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 08
1. Two days National conference on Recent advances in chemical research, held on 6th and 7th February 2009, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
2. Two days State level conference on Emerging trends in medicinal chemistry and drug designingâ€, held on 6th and 7th March 2009, SDM College, Ujire.
3. One day National conference on Nanochemistry â€“ A Science of diminished dimensions, held on 11th March 2009, Sahyadri Science College, Shimoga.
4. Two days National level symposium on â€œNovel concepts in pharmaceutical researchâ€, held on 16th and 17th July 2009, NGSM Institute of pharmaceutical sciences, Managalore.
5. One day National conference on Recent trends in Pharmacy education- National Symposium at SJMCP, Chitradurga on 29th Nov, 2010.
6. One day seminar on â€œRecent Advances in Pharmaceutical Researchâ€ on 12th Oct, 2010 at SCS College of Pharmacy, Harpanahalli.
7. one day national level symposium on Recent trends in Pharmacy Education: An insight over global Pharma destination at SJM college of Pharmacy, Chitradurga on 29th November 2010 which Was presided by Dr. B. Suresh, President, Pharmacy council of India, New Delhi and vice chancellor, JSS University, Mysore.
Innovations / Contributions in Teaching
a) Design of curriculum
Participated in Pharm D course curriculum workshop entitled â€œPharmacy Practice Clinicalsâ€ to define syllabus more appropriately, organized at SJM College of Pharmacy in Co-Ordination with RGUHS on 9th February 2016.
b) Teaching methods
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture â€“ Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training is emphasized during practical training.
c) Evaluation methods
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Viva-Voce during practical sessions was conducted.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
d) Preparation of resource materials including Books reading materials laboratory manuals etc
- Lab Manual was Prepared and supplied to students.
- Chapter wise hand outs and notes was prepared and supplied to students at the end of each chapter.
e) Remedial Teaching /student counselling (academic) :
- Remedial teaching classes were conducted to weaker students and repeaters.
- Counselled students with a focus to impart professionalism and improve subject knowledge during weekly practical sessions.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
1. Member Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
Extension work /community service:
1. Community work such as values of National Integration, secularism, democracy, socialism, Humanism, peace, scientific temper, floor of Drought relief, family planning, Public Health AIDS, etc.
- Organized and Participated in health awareness programmes of Environment Day, World Tobacco Day.
- Positions held/Leadership role played in Organizations lined with Extension work and National Service Scheme (NSS) or any other similar activity
1. Appointed as Co-odinatot for Criteria VII â€“ Innovations and Best Practices for NAAC (2016), SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga.
Co-ordinator for Synergizers/Titrators/Extractors/Interactors/Crushers
Enrichment of Campus LifeMember of i