Pharmacy Practice & DIC
Dr. CHARITA K
Department of Pharmacy Practice.
SJM College of Pharmacy
Chitradurga - 577502
- Pharm. D(2010-2016) S.J.M College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru. : 76.03%
- Assistant Professor (May 2017 to till date) at SJM College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga
Research Experience : 01 Years
Area of Interest in teaching and research
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Clinical Research
A. A. During Pharm. D
Title: “Evaluation of thyroid profile in Type 2 Diabetes mellitus patients: a case control Study”
Number of Publications: 02
1. Charita K*, Yogananda R, Prashanth G. Bharathi DR, Priyanka N. Study of prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in type two diabetes mellitus patients: a case control study. IJOPILS. Volume 4.
2. Priyanka N*, Yogananda R, Prashanth G, Bharathi DR, Charita K. To assess an impact of pharmacist intervention to manage blood glucose level in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.IJOPILS. Volume 4.
Number of Presentations: 04
- Participated in the event of Dengue awareness programme – street drama conducted by institution.
- Participated in cultural programme conducted by SJM vidyapeeta during Sharanasamskruthiutsava.
- Participated in awareness programme during anti-diabetic, pharmacist day…
- Participated in tuberculosis, dengue awareness programmes in many government schools and villages surrounding Chitradurga conducted by institution.
- Course Teaching Plan is made available in the Library.
- Learning objectives will be defined at the beginning of each class.
- Lecture – Power point Presentations and Black Board method.
- Group Discussions, Plenary sessions are conducted regularly.
- Hands on training are emphasized during practical training.
- Quiz in each class to assess daily progress of students.
- Regular Class test were conducted.
1. Charita.K*, Priyanka.N, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G .Risk Factors Of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus In Outpatients: An Observational Study. Presented At 1st Annual Convention Of KAAPTICON Held At Vijaypur During 28th-29th March 2015.
2. Priyanka.N*, Charita.K, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. Drug Utilization Evaluation Of Anti Diabetics In Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients. Presented At 1st Annual Convention Of KAAPTICON Held At Vijaypur During 28th-29th March 2015.
3. Charita.K*, Priyanka.N, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. study of prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in type two diabetes mellitus patients : a case control study, presented at the 67th indian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21th december 2015.
4. Priyanka.N*, Charita.K, Yogananda.R, Bharathi.DR, Prashanth.G. to assess an impact of pharmacist intervention to manage blood glucose level in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, presented at the 67th indian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21th december 2015.
Number of Workshops/Conferences attended : 08
1. Attended a national level seminar on “Recent Trends in Pharmacy Education” organized by S.J.M College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga on Nov-2010.
2. Attended Personality Development Workshop by Dr. JagannathRao on “Success Secrets” on dec-2011.
3. Attended 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress on “Pharmacy Education: Innovation, Strategies and Globalization” held at S R M University, Chennai Dec-2012.
4. Attended 5th students congress held at JSS College of pharmacy Ootacamund 26-27 April 2013.
5. Attended Annual Convention of Association Of Pharmaceutical Teachers Of India on Emerging Trends In Pharmacy Profession And Education, Pune. 28-30th Nov 2014.
6. Attended 66th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress on India-Pharmacy of the world, Role of Indian regulators and pharmaindustry,Hitex, Hyderabad. 23-25th Jan 2015.
7. Attended 1st Annual convention of Association of pharmaceutical teachers of India at Vijaypur, Karnataka. March 2015.
8. Attended 67th indian pharmaceutical congress held at mysuru during 19th-21th december 2015.
a) Teaching methods
b) Evaluation methods